In just 3 days the 31st annual meeting of the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections will begin in Berlin.
The conference will feature the following symposia organised by SYNTHESYS3:
Enabling Infrastructure: Future Collections, Data & Informatics
- Data mobilisation – infrastructures aiding the digitisation of collections at scale
- Data aggregators & data portals – linking institutional data portals to common digital gateways to enable semantic enrichment of our data
- Next generation collection management systems, models & data services – moving towards a service-driven architecture in collections management systems, the supporting tools (e.g. API-based services, taxonomic name matching, checklist production, authority files, georeferencing, forecasting and analytical tools) and required new and extended data models
- Data consensus – systems and standards for community data curation and attribution.
Developing a global research infrastructure framework for bio-collections
- Established distributed Research Infrastructures: Lessons learned
- Bio-collections in Europe: ESFRI roadmap update preparatory activities
- Links to related regional initiatives (e.g. iDigBio, ENVRI+, LifeWatch, ELIXIR
- International collaboration between major programmes
- Sustainability and business models: What is available and what is possible?
- Training and capacity building programmes
- Wrap-up discussion: “How do we proceed?” – Action items
- Digitization lessons learned
- New Technology, New Strategies
- Collections Data-in-Action
For a full overview of the programme please see www.spnhc2016.berlin