Update: Call 1 of Transnational Access is now closed. Call 2 will go live in January 2020.
1 February sees the first Access call of SYNTHESYS+ go live. Submissions will be open until 12 April 2019, 17.00 UK time.
SYNTHESYS+ project funding enables scientists (Users) based in European Member and Associated States to undertake short visits to utilise a 'Taxonomic Access Facility' (TAF). Collections, staff expertise and analytical facilities are available for Users, at any one of the 21 partner institutions for the purposes of their research.
What we offer
The 13 TAFs (Taxonomic Access Facilities) institutions represent an unparalleled resource for taxonomic research offering:
- Collections amounting to over 390 million natural history specimens, including 4.1 million type specimens
- Internationally renowned taxonomic and systematic skill base
- Chemical analysis, molecular and imaging facilities
Before applying, all applicants should:
- Read information on the organisation and TAF an applicant would like to visit
- Read the TAF infrastructure list
- Make contact with a prospective host at the organisation you would like to visit. Discussing your proposal with your host is an essential requirement of a successful project bid